Change of Registration
The College provides specific timelines each quarter to change schedules. The following guidelines apply to course registration changes:
- On-campus courses may be added after the first class session with instructor approval. Forms are available in Student Services. This does not apply to online courses.
- Changes and refunds are effective on the date the request is received. The amount for a refund is automatically calculated by the date of the withdrawal. Students may view potential refunds by locating the course on the online credit schedule located on the MCC homepage and clicking Important Dates.
- Students may withdraw from a course any time prior to the last day to drop a class section.
- Withdrawing from a course within the designated drop period results in a W that is recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Failure to withdraw from a class may result in the assignment of an F grade to the student’s permanent record.
- Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal or relieve a student of the financial obligation of tuition.
- Students receiving financial aid are advised to speak with a financial aid representative when dropping classes after the start of the quarter.
Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. The changes must follow College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times. Academic advisors are available to assist students with schedule changes.