Individuals can register:
- by calling the Contact Center at 531-622-2400
- in person with a Student Services professional at one of the campus/center locations
- online using the My Way portal (current or continuing students only)
Prospective students who wish to enroll at MCC should complete 'Apply Now' at https://www.mccneb.edu/Prospective-Students/Enrollment/Apply-Now.aspx, or for more information regarding registration call the Contact Center at 531-622-2400.
Prospective students can access the current class schedule on MCC’s homepage to search for classes and check availability.
Students wishing to enroll in more than 25.0 credit hours need to meet with an academic advisor or advocacy or disability support services counselor to request permission. Generally, only students with a 2.5 or higher G.P.A. for the preceding quarters or demonstrated academic success are permitted to carry more than 25.0 credit hours.
Students are responsible for making any changes in their class schedule. All schedule changes are subject to College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times.
MCC student orientation introduces students to College services and programs that support their educational and personal goals. Orientation provides information on academic programs, advising and course scheduling, paying for college, campus safety, student support services, and tips for student success. All new credit students participate in orientation as one of their next steps in becoming a MCC student. The orientation is a no-cost, no-credit class with six interactive segments and embedded quizzes. At the successful completion of all quizzes, students receive a certificate of completion. For more information, go to http://orientation.mccnet.mccneb.edu/.
Online registration via My Way/My Services
A username and password are required to access online registration. All students can obtain username and password help at the Password Station online at www.mccneb.edu/password if needed.
- Visit www.mccneb.edu and click My Way to access the portal.
- Enter username and password to log in.
- Click My Services for Students.
- Click Registration (for express registration, students need the course synonym or course number from the credit course schedule located on the homepage).
For assistance with online registration and other online services, students can visit a My Way Center located at one of MCC's campus/center locations.
My Services include:
- academic evaluation (degree audit)
- account summaries by quarter
- address change form
- financial aid information
- grades and class schedules
- option to drop classes
- payment options
- registration for credit and noncredit classes
- requests for official transcripts
- student planning
Call 531-622-2400 or 531-622-5231 (toll-free 800-228-9553).
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Have course and section numbers or course synonym numbers available (found on the course schedule on the MCC home page).
Change of Registration
The College provides specific timelines each quarter to change schedules. The following guidelines apply to course registration changes:
- Courses may be added after the first class session with instructor approval. Forms are available in My Services online or in the Student Services office.
- Changes and refunds are effective on the date the request is received. The amount for a refund is automatically calculated by the date of the withdrawal. Students may view potential refunds by locating the course on the online credit schedule located on the MCC homepage and clicking Important Dates.
- Students may withdraw from a course any time prior to the last day to drop a class section.
- Withdrawing from a course within the designated drop period results in a W, which is recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Failure to withdraw from a class may result in the assignment of an F grade to the student’s permanent record.
- Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal or relieve a student of the financial obligation of tuition.
- Students receiving financial aid are advised to speak with a financial aid representative when dropping classes after the start of the quarter.
Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. The changes must follow College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times. Academic advisors and/or the Contact Center are available to assist students with schedule changes.
The College may find it necessary to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment or other extenuating circumstances. Whenever possible, the course is canceled prior to the first class meeting, and the students are notified. Students enrolled in a canceled course receive a full refund.
Books and Materials
Students are expected to obtain books, supplies, and materials needed for classes. In addition, some programs require the purchase of special items (tools, a camera, etc.). A complete listing of special costs is available at the campus bookstores or online at https://www.mccneb.edu/Prospective-Students/Resources/Bookstore.aspx. Students can also explore the textbook exchange at https://www.mccneb.edu/bookexch.