Individuals can register:
in person with a Student Services professional at one of the campus/center locations
online using the My Way portal (current or continuing students only)
by calling the Contact Center at 402-457-2400
New MCC students should call 402-457-2400 for more information regarding registration or to make an appointment with an academic advisor at one of the campus/center locations.
Prospective students can access the current class schedule on MCC’s homepage to search for classes and check availability. Any person wishing to enroll for 25.0 or more credit hours per quarter needs approval from the campus/center director. Students are responsible for making any changes in their class schedule. All schedule changes are subject to College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times.
Online registration via My Way/My Services
A username and password are required to access online registration. All students can obtain username and password help at the Password Station online at www.mccneb.edu/password if needed.
- Visit www.mccneb.edu and click My Way to access the portal.
- Enter username and password to log in.
- Click My Services for Students.
- Click Registration (for express registration students need the course synonym or course number from the credit course schedule located on the homepage).
For assistance with online registration and other online services, students can visit a My Way Center located at one of MCC's campus/center locations.
My Services include:
- registration for credit and noncredit classes
- grades and class schedules
- requests for official transcripts
- option to drop classes
- address change form
- account summaries by quarter
- payment options
- degree audits
- financial aid information
Call 402-457-2400 or 402-457-5231 (toll-free 800-228-9553).
- Have your student ID number ready.
- Have course and section numbers or course synonym numbers available (found on the course schedule on the MCC homepage).
Change of Registration
The College provides specific timelines each quarter to change schedules. The following guidelines apply to course registration changes:
- On-campus courses may be added after the first class session with instructor approval. Forms are available in Student Services. This does not apply to online courses.
- Changes and refunds are effective on the date the request is received. The amount for a refund is automatically calculated by the date of the withdrawal. Students may view potential refunds by locating the course on the online credit schedule located on the MCC homepage and clicking Important Dates.
- Students may withdraw from a course any time prior to the last day to drop a class section.
- Withdrawing from a course within the designated drop period results in a W that is recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Failure to withdraw from a class may result in the assignment of an F grade to the student’s permanent record.
- Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. Non-attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal or relieve a student of the financial obligation of tuition.
- Students receiving financial aid are advised to speak with a financial aid representative when dropping classes after the start of the quarter.
Schedule changes are the responsibility of the student. The changes must follow College procedures, refund policies, and deadlines at all times. Academic advisors are available to assist students with schedule changes.
The College may find it necessary to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment or other extenuating circumstances. Whenever possible, the course is canceled prior to the first class meeting, and the students are notified. Students enrolled in a canceled course receive a full refund.
Books and Materials
Students are expected to obtain books, supplies, and materials needed for classes. In addition, some programs require the purchase of special items (tools, a camera, etc.). A complete listing of special costs is available at the campus bookstores or online at www.mccneb.edu/bookstores.asp. Students can also explore the textbook exchange at www.mccneb.edu/bookexch.