Navigation Menu

Enrollment Requirements

Full-time vs. part-time status

Students enrolled in 12.0 or more credit hours during a quarter are considered full-time students. Students enrolled in less than 12.0 credit hours during a quarter are considered part-time students.

Students wishing to enroll in more than 25.0 credit hours need to meet with an academic advisor or counselor to request permission.   Generally, only students with a 2.5 or higher G.P.A. for the preceding quarters or demonstrated academic success are permitted to carry more than 25.0 credit hours.

Admission to specific programs

Some programs have specific requirements and a formal admissions process. Among the items generally considered in determining the eligibility of students for admission to programs are educational and occupational experiences and other reasonable standards to ensure that the student possesses the potential to complete the program successfully. The College and programs reserve the right to deny admission to any students who would not be employable in their respective area of study.

The College may require students to provide a medical statement from a physician or background check for admission to a specific program or when it is otherwise in the best interest of the student and/or the College.

Students who do not meet the requirements for a specific program might become eligible after completing appropriate work in developmental studies or prerequisite credit classes.

Reservation of rights to enrollment

The College reserves the rights to limit the number of students enrolled at the College and/or to specific programs. Decisions regarding enrollment at the College and to specific programs are made in accordance with any lawful criteria and/or procedures, whether published or unpublished, as determined by the College or its officials.

Students with disabilities

MCC is committed to providing appropriate services and accommodations for any student with a documented disability through Disability Support Services. To be eligible for services, students must identify themselves to DSS and provide documentation of their disability. Once appropriate documentation is received, DSS works with students to determine reasonable accommodations. These accommodations may not always be the same as the student received in high school or at another college or university. DSS counselors are available to assist students with disabilities on an appointment-based system. Appointments may be made by contacting any Student Services office.

Visiting students

Students enrolled at other institutions who wish to attend MCC for coursework that transfers back to their home institution must meet the prerequisites for the MCC courses. Students may provide an unofficial document to satisfy that requirement. Please contact an academic advisor or the Contact Center for more information.

Students with transfer credits

Transferring to MCC

Students who have attended another college and wish to transfer to MCC to complete a certificate or degree program should schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss transfer of credits. Students who are non-degree seeking at MCC may be required to provide unofficial transcripts in order to satisfy prerequisites.

Submitting your transcripts

Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to MCC must provide official transcripts and declare a program of study so the incoming transcripts can be evaluated against the requirements for that program or degree. To mail official transcripts for evaluation, contact the school and have the transcript sent to:

Metropolitan Community College

Attn: Records

P.O. Box 3777

Omaha, NE 68103-0777

Students may also hand deliver an official transcript from another institution to the Records office on the Fort Omaha Campus. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from that institution.

If students are having their official transcript emailed to MCC through an electronic transcript provider (Parchment, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.), then it must be emailed to

Transcripts are required once students have met with an advisor and declared a major. For advisement questions, call 402-457-2400 to speak with a Contact Center advisor or to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

Transcript evaluation

Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so this evaluation cannot be done via email or over the phone. Courses not offered by MCC are not transferred in nor are courses that are less in credit/quarter hours than the courses offered at MCC.

The following parameters are used to evaluate transcripts:

  • Institution must be regionally accredited by one of the following agencies:
    • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
    • The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
  • Course content must be similar to MCC’s
  • Grade of C or better must have been received
  • Credit hours must be equal
  • Courses are evaluated based on the program of study and general education requirements

If students change their academic program, a re-evaluation may be requested by completing a re-evaluation form. Visit for the form.

Once transcripts are evaluated, postcards are sent to students informing them of the results. Students may also log on to their My Services account to view this information (under academic profile, unofficial transcripts).

International transcript evaluation

For students who wish to have an international transcript reviewed by MCC for possible credit transfer, they must first have it evaluated by a credential evaluation consultant. College degrees obtained outside the U.S. are only accepted when interpreted by transcript service members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. A list of suggested evaluators may be found at:

Students are encouraged to contact any or all of the consultants for cost and information. Students who choose to have a transcript evaluated by one of the listed consultants are strongly encouraged to have a course by course review, list the course credit hours for each course, and list letter grades (A-F) earned.  Once a credential evaluation consultant has reviewed the transcript, an official evaluation should be sent to:  

Metropolitan Community College

Attn: Records

P.O. Box 3777

Omaha, NE 68103-3777

International transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation consultant are reviewed using MCC’s transcript evaluation guidelines/policies.